Friday, July 17, 2020

BRIDES ARE BIRDS

Brides are birds, is a short novel of love in its entirety. Josh unveiling the hidden facts to Fred, his friend. Flown into time, as the excesses in his dilemma were unraveled with insight from Josh, without juxtaposing the situation...it was certain that Fred was in love.

Short love novel: brides are birds from, silvernote hub

(I)

"I don't think this wedding will work out; It sounds wield isn't it?'' Fred said.
I startled, looking like a catfish chocked to death with bulging eyes. Lost in illusion. Fred and Stacy were in love. But in reality, was a man showered with love in a dispensation where brides are birds and they fly in their own accord.  Yet he steeps so low to let it go.

We arrived at his locale. Fireflies flew around flickering like stars. Distorted by the headlight, as the car engine steams while we were in the car. 

I glared with my eyeballs glittering, I tried to find my way off his comment. I was really surprised.  
"Fred, did you just say that?" I asked, "all those surprise packages and late-night hang-outs, both on calls and Sunday evening flirting, were for what?"

Being so inquisitive.
This is his third engagement for the last 2 years, either she dumps him or he wakes up and says "I'm no more interested." This is turning into a trend and it won't be under my watch.

"Josh, it's not what you think, see, I am in love with Stacy,"  he said, "but I just can't see my self becoming a father" 
"Loz!" I laughed bursting my tears gland, the saltiness almost chucked me, bulging out my veins. I felt a sharp pain then i realized it was a serious situation. 
With a cracked voice. I looked straight into his eyes and gave him the best advice a friend would give. 

"You are Afraid of what the morrow will bring, afraid of living a dwindling married life, and afraid of the lovely kids you will bear. 
Fred, Stacy is not the problem, you are." I said without blinking an eye.
His chin fell, letting loose his lips as his glabella wrapped in awe. His lashes flicked. His Hazel eyes bloomed with insight as he stared away. 
"Set your mind right and be the man you envision. Life is full of Sorbet, but with time, it dissolves. The faster you scoop it, the better the flavor and the occasion becomes your lullaby. Time and Age are distinct paths, but a thin thread line drew them close."

Sparkles with grim sounds plod with an unending echo, flooding the space as silence paved in.
I tried to restore back our previous mood, without making a further connection to the present situation, but it proved nulled.

Words lay flat on my tongue, squirming until it got loosed: "Brides are birds, and they should fly, isn't it? but mind you, not all birds return back home and i know Stacy will."  
I shrugged off to show seriousness without joking the scene because i felt proud of my self-esteem. At least some times we should.  Looking at him to reassure him of the mistake he will be doing.
"She's meant for you. Hope you can see it?" i said, broadening my eyes, "it's written all over her. Debunk those thoughts and reassure those words you've told her." 

It sunk into his manhood as he tried to shrug it off, the light of those words erased the scales in his eyes.
He veered in relief, putting off the ignition while I tried to raise the side door window. Lightning from the sky hovered around the mahogany, seating in the middle of the compound. For it's about to rain the second time this week. We walked straight to the kitchen. it seems even him was famished.

(II)

His ameche rang the second time while we tried to prepare dinner. Astounded by the portrait hanging in his kitchen. "Must you hang this portrait here?" I said washing the piled up oily dishes. The kitchen felt lonely without a reply.
"Fred, what are you thinking? Why are you not picking your calls?" Hands still drenched in the soapy water. 
"I texted her earlier today about our conversation and I think she is pissed off." He said. 
A resounding echo swirled through my ears with a twinkling sound.
"Just listen to yourself, 'You think she is pissed off ' why! won't she?" I replied with grief. For the naughtiness of his attitude has gotten to its climax before my ear walls heard them.
"She is confused already and needs to hear from you. So pick up the call and reaffirm your love to her; be a man." He picked up the call and stride away from the kitchen.

"Hey Stacy, how do you do? i was in a last-minute rush at the office" He said.
"Dude, don't start with a lie hope you can ride along." I whimpered hoping he won't blow it off.  He left the ameche on a loudspeaker as he took his stand to take in her questions.

"Oh! i see you are too busy to pick up my calls?" Stacy said, with a pitch like a wracking dove with her hash tuneful tune.
"I saw an SMS bearing your name, what do you have to say about it...?" 
Reading through her lines, It's terrific that she couldn't believe or rather withstand what the SMS read. 
 "Ok, before i talk about the SMS," Fred said, "I want you to know that i love you, that no matter the heck am going through i will always keep-up with you... and for the SMS, i didn't mean what is written there. I was going through a lot lately." 
His keen heart was expressly reviewed as the ounce of love was amplified. 
"Can i come over, tomorrow afternoon to see you?" Stacy said, sounding faint, with the notion he will turn it down.
I drew close and whispered "ask her out on a date" his cheek was flushed with colors, his teeth flashing white as he smiled at me and bursting in gurgling's as they continued in fantasy.

I said it, "if brides are birds Stacy will always come back home."

(III)

It was a fun-filled evening for me but I saw haze in his eye like the Christmas morning mistified of its outcome, but I know for sure it will be awesome 
"Dude giggle up, you are too cold for my liken," I said placing my Lenovo (ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 7 (2019)) in my backpack as the excitement of the contract I was awarded to has been approved by my client.
"Fred, if you are not 'in' with Stacy please just let her go" his hands tucked into his brown chinos pant looking gentle with strip blue shirt on dark brown driving moccasin. As a forceful grin ran through his face. 
He stammered saying " ple-a-se i wa-nt to a-sk you a favour" 
What's it? and why are you stammering?" i said raising my head up
"I need your belt mine is rusty," He said. 
"Fred, why haven't you change? Why must you borrow when you are going on a date?
Take it from the cabinet jooor, the next thing you will ask me is my 16th perfumery perfume i but 9k." I said looking at my shoelace striding behind me. 
"And where are you going to," he asked, as i walked out from the porch 
"I'm going to see Engr john, to put things together. Make sure you don't screw things up with Stacy " 
"No i won't " he replied with a positive vibe.
_

It's 9 am. Still sunk in my mattress as the whizzing from the kettle in the kitchen woke me up. With my dazzled eye flickering as sun rays from the east end of the window flashed on me. I staggered, as i strolled towards the kitchen using the walls as support.
" You are awake" A voice echoed from behind with unfamiliar background voices.
I hiked to view who they are; a male and a female on cooperate dress. I wondered what the occasion was meant for, at such an hour. 
Still lost in thought they walk out through the door discussing " we will get back to you sir " said the male partner to Fred, who seems a little bit delighted to what he said.

I stood beside the fizzled kettle. Hands placed on the two plate burner gas cooker, waiting patiently for Fred. 
Finally, he walked in. 
"Fred, what's going on?" I asked, folding both hands on my chest.
"Those guys are my wedding planner. I'm marrying next month." I was lost. He tugged me off by my left arm down to the couch in the sitting room. "Why the rush now," i said bouncing on the couch. "Sit down let me gist you how the date went." His eyes widened. Shoulder broaden. He sat at the edge of the couch talking like a hen who almost lost her chick "Josh, someone wants to take my Stacy away from me ooh, while I'm still alive" his voice plodding the roof as he stood up racking. " calm down and explain to me what happened." i said smiling and stretching on the couch. 
"Stacy said, 'someone came to see my dad last week, asking to marry me.' josh josh! did and hear that. And I'm here thinking of being a father while others are embracing fatherhood." I laughed bumping the couch. "You never see anything. You want to remain uncle forever. Abiii? You get luck say her papa no accept bride price." He racked tossing out the throw pillows around the room as i took to my heels protecting my head to take a shower.

                                                                (IV)

Every aspect of the wedding plan was scheduled and organized by wedding planners. The groom and bride's parents welcomed each other as they get set for the wedding.
"I'm in love with her" were the last words Fred said, reassuring his guys, a night to his wedding ceremony.

Dressed in a purple tuxedo, flapped with black, looking stunningly handsome. His pair of purple pants, simplified with lining traced from his belt down to the edge of his pants resting on his gold spiked loafer shoe. He stood gawking directly to his bride releasing soft charming smiles as he slowly licked his lips. Clutching her hands to his. An essence mixed with a soft symphony cascaded the atmosphere at the sound of "My heartthrob". I could see stars in the eyes of the audience, who gave a humming sound. And the dust in the air stood still. The hairs on our skin laid entwined to each other like two wet sticky leaves.  Dazzled by the drippings of raindrops.
 
Brides gown engraved with Crystal stones flapping behind as she swerved to ease off the flattering words from her groom, whom she called "My Rock" 
Amidst his flatters. He pressed on saying 

...I'm stocked on you
My bones quiver. 
You took my dimples
And Gave me chuckles
Your beauty awards me fame.

I will love you
And we will make room for him
It's by the grace in his stripes
That I could look up into your eyes
Amidst his scars 
And say, Please, be mine"

At his last words " please be mine"  silence craved the room. Ears stood high like an Olga waiting for the best sound of "Yes i will" to infiltrate in, evoking a joyous smile and gigglings on the faces of the audience. 

It flowed out through her white gapped teeth effortlessly. Flaring up the doubts into hopes.
With a standing ovation in the bliss of the occasion. The groom stood to his heels, releasing her hands engraved with a Hola ring design. And there was a banquet of kisses, not just appetizing but filled with sparkles in their eyes. Lips throbbing each other, as flashes from the cameras captured every moment on the way.

The glamorous ceremony hung in the air for weeks as fashionistas, journalists, and bloggers took every breath of it to their pages.
i wished them a splendid married life with lovely and beautiful kids, as i sat flipping through the pages of their gallery reminiscing those compelling moments of bliss.

THE END.

0 comments: